The Jesuits USA Central and Southern Province seeks a creative, tech-savvy writer to join the communications team as communications specialist. Reporting to the provincial assistant for communications, the specialist will assist in the planning, development and management of communications to both internal and external audiences.
The specialist’s primary responsibility will be content creation, including researching, interviewing and writing in various styles, for a variety of audiences. This includes updating the website and posting to several social media sites.
The specialist will assist with the province’s outreach to men considering entering the Society of Jesus.
The province is a bilingual organization. Therefore, fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred, though not required.
Remote work is a possibility.
Communications – Magazine, Website, Internal Newsletter, Social Media
- This is a writing-intensive position. Candidate must be able to write in a variety of styles based on objectives, audience and medium.
- Research events and people to feature on website and social media.
- Develop content, schedule and publish social media posts and stay abreast of social media trends.
- Update and maintain province’s WordPress-based website.
- Take photographs and video; edit both as needed.
- Work closely with vocations office to promote vocations to the Society of Jesus via the province website and on social media, including YouTube.
- Create print and digital resources to support vocation promotion, including writing email copy.
- Assist with development activities as needed, including website maintenance and creation of forms in Blackbaud and some project management responsibilities.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project and time management/organizational skills.
- Comfort with writing about religious or spiritual topics.
- Must be a creative, flexible, results-oriented self-starter with attention to details.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to capture appropriate tone as well as message for relevant audiences.
- Ability to operate within fixed deadlines while balancing multiple priorities, and to manage projects independently or with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Photo and video-editing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with communication and fundraising strategy helpful.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with good collaboration skills.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Therese Fink Meyerhoff, provincial assistant for communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Health Care Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Provincial Assistant for Health Care
PAY GRADE: Exempt / Salary
The regional health care coordinator (HCC) supports the mission of the Society of Jesus in meeting the healthcare needs of the members of the USA Central and Southern Province (UCS). The HCC assumes responsibility for the assessment, planning and coordination of care to respond to the needs of UCS members residing with the southern region of the UCS Province.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Meets at least annually with each Jesuit member of his/her designated region.
- Completes and maintains a confidential, accurate and current health record for each Jesuit utilizing the health care database system. This includes up to date health proxy/durable power forms.
- Acts as a resource, providing guidance and support to local superiors in planning for and responding to the health care needs of the Jesuits.
- Maintains a database of physicians, dentist, and ancillary care providers as a resource for individual men or superiors as needed.
- Coordinates plans of care for individual Jesuits with specific health care needs related to acute and chronic medical and psychological conditions requiring care outside of the local community, in hospitals or rehabilitation centers.
- May accompany Jesuits to medial appointments, determined on a case-by-case basis, to provide nursing support and guidance and facilitate coordination of care.
- Acts as a resource for all immediate and preventative health queries.
- Offers support and encouragement to individuals dealing with health diminishment, transitioning to Jesuits care homes or facing serious acute injury/illness.
- Assists Jesuits in understanding their Jesuit Health Trust benefits.
- Attend bi-annual (once every two years) meeting of all Jesuit Health Care Providers across the Assistancy.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to establish a working rapport and a trusting relationship with religiously vowed men of all ages.
- Understanding of and commitment to the vision, values, and mission of the Society of Jesus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and problem resolution skills.
- A sound understanding of clinical assessment, care planning, health education and collaborative care.
- Ability to function successfully in a self-directed but collaborative work environment.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Computer literacy.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- Candidates for the position must possess a current R.N. or Nurse Practitioner license
- Be in good standing in the state of which they reside.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years practice in adult healthcare management, home health, or senior residential assisted living.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
This position will maintain frequent contact with the provincial assistant of health care as directed by the provincial assistant for health care.
WORKING HOURS and CONDITIONS:
Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In addition, candidate must be available for emergency calls outside of business hours and occasionally for brief meetings on weekends.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, office copiers, printers, and phone systems.
This role requires the employee to stand; walk; sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk working on a computer; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move products, supplies, and electrical equipment up to 40 pounds.
The position of Regional Health Care Coordinator will require approximately 10-12 trips per year.
Send all inquiries, resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Additionally, this job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will right at any time.
Download a PDF of the job description.