BUILDING & HOSPITALITY MANAGER
Position Summary: OIS sponsors spiritual retreats and programs at Xavier Jesuit Center. In close collaboration with the OIS Director, this role is responsible for maintaining the Xavier Jesuit Center as a safe, welcoming, and sacred space of hospitality for guests and visitors.
Essential Job Functions
Maintain the Xavier Jesuit Center
- Coordinate and oversee regular building maintenance and repairs in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and building codes.
- Maintain a safe environment for building occupants and visitors, including preparation and carrying out of emergency protocols/procedures.
- Coordinate and supervise cleaning, housekeeping, groundskeeping, kitchen staff, and/or contract workers.
- Manage budget, billing, and expenses for OIS-Denver; collaborate with Director-OIS, UCS Treasurer, and appropriate OIS staff.
- Develop best practices guidelines for OIS-Denver, including operations manual, guest relations reporting, and evaluation forms.
- Promote OIS-Denver as an event space consistent with its mission.
- Track and warmly correspond with potential clients regarding reservation requests, rental agreements, related documentation, invoicing, and post-event evaluations.
- Maintain master calendar for OIS-Denver and coordinate schedules with Director-OIS and staff.
- Collaborate closely with kitchen staff.
- Provide support, hospitality, and other related assistance for groups utilizing OIS-Denver as an event space.
- Manage and facilitate all special events for OIS-Denver.
Collaborate with OIS Director
- Attend all staff meetings and events as requested by Director-OIS.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate management, hotel/restaurant management, or related field preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Two years’ experience as a building and/or hospitality manager.
- In-depth knowledge of building and office management and basic accounting processes required.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, building codes, and hospitality best practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Catholic faith principles preferred.
- Knowledge of province policies and services.
- Skill in operating basic office equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, verbally, and written with other members of the province and with various business contacts.
- Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities.
- Ability to pay close attention to details and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate well in culturally diverse setting.
- Hourly non-exempt pay range: $19.69 – $21.15 / hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, and optional Vision coverage
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Retirement Plan participation after one year of service
- And more!
Please apply for this position by sending resume to UCSHR@jesuits.org.