Retreats and Spirituality Opportunities
Upcoming Opportunities for Spiritual Growth
Inspired by the Universal Apostolic Preference to “show the way to God through the Spiritual Exercises and discernment,” retreat teams and colleagues of the Jesuits USA Central and Southern Province are offering several opportunities to pray, learn, grow, and journey with Christ.
NEW THIS SPRING: Ignatian Seminar
In collaboration with the Ignatian Spirituality Center (Kansas City), the newly forming UCS Office of Ignatian Spirituality invites you to join us for any of the upcoming learning modules being offered on Monday evenings from 7:00-9:00 p.m. (CST) beginning on April 5, 2021, with an Introductory Session hosted March 29. Please note: Each four week module can be taken independently. Cost: $80/module. Additionally, scholarships are available.
- Module 1: Prayer in Ignatian Tradition (April 5-April 26, 2021)-General Understanding of Prayer in the Christian Tradition; Composition of Place; Ignatian Meditation; Ignatian Contemplation. COMPLETED
- Module 2: Engaging Holy Scripture in Ignatian Tradition (May 3- May 24, 2021)- General Understanding of Scripture; Application of Senses; Ignatian Imagination; Personal Encounter with Jesus. PLEASE REGISTER by April 30, 2021.
- Module 3: Discernment in Ignatian Tradition (June 14- July 5)-Discernment in the Christian Tradition; Ignatian Rules of Discernment (First Week); Ignatian Rules of Discernment (Second Week); Communal Discernment. PLEASE REGISTER by June 11, 2021.
- Module 4: Special Topics in Ignatian Spirituality (July 12- August 2, 2021)- Mission, Leadership, “Sentire cum ecclesia”; Ecology. PLEASE REGISTER by July 9, 2021.
For a copy of the Ignatian Seminar flyer: Visit Here.
To register for the Ignatian Seminar: Visit Here.
We are grateful to the Ignatian Spirituality Center (Kansas City) for hosting registration.
For more information, please contact Patty Feder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lenten Retreat Opportunities
“Fall in Love & Stay in Love”
Plan to join us for one of three Virtual Lenten Retreats. After a year of tumult and uncertainty, we invite you to “Fall in Love & Stay in Love” with Jesus, who shows us the way to true leadership and guidance. Led by Fr. Hung Pham and lay colleagues, all are welcome to join us:
- in Vietnamese (February 21- February 27): Visit Here.
- in English (February 28 – March 6): Visit Here.
- in Spanish (March 21 – March 27): Visit Here.
Download a flyer:
Summer Colleagues Retreat: “Tracing the Footprints of God”
To celebrate the upcoming Ignatian Year, the Colleagues Retreat will take retreatants along the path taken by Ignatius, to recognize and to appreciate a “space of interiority” where God has been working in us.
The retreat, originating from the Sacred Heart Jesuit Retreat House in Sedalia, Colorado, will take place from Saturday, July 17 – Friday, July 23, 2021. To maximize accessibility during these pandemic circumstances, we are grateful to be working with three other of the province’s retreat centers to accommodate onsite in-person options in Convent, Louisiana, Lake Dallas, Texas, and St. Louis, Missouri. Additionally, colleagues may also choose to make the retreat in an entirely virtual format at a reduced cost should someone so desire.
This event is open to all faculties, staffs and administrators of any institution of the province.
Click here for a flyer with the registration URL.
“Theological Dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises” Pilot Course
At the approval of Father Provincial Tom Greene, SJ, Provincial Assistant for Formation Hung T. Pham, SJ, will lead a trial 10-week course with province colleagues and friends to explore in greater depth the theological dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius. By identifying theological dynamics in the Exercises, participants will develop a greater appreciation for them and learn to apply them in various academic, ministerial and pastoral contexts. For this first trial course, registration by invitation only.
For more information about any of these opportunities, contact Patty Feder at UCSOIS@Jesuits.org.