Travel with Us
March 4-16, 2024
Join Fr. J. P. Hough, SJ, for a trip to Italy that will take you to all the must-see sites. All you have to do is pack and show up!
- Florence: So much beauty to enjoy in this center of Italian culture! We’ll visit the Piazza Santa Croce and Basilica of Santa Croce; the Pitti Palace and the Uffizi Gallery, both places where you can view works of the Great Masters; the Academy of Fine Arts and its famous Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s David; the San Marco Museum and more.
- Chianti Region: Sample both wine and olive oil right where the fruits are grown.
- Assisi: In the village of Santa Maria degli Angeli, tour the Basilica of St. Francis and the Basilica of Saint Clare.
- Rome: Our stop in the Eternal City will include several significant Jesuit sites, including the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, the Church of the Gesù (the Society of Jesus’ Mother Church) and the rooms where St. Ignatius lived as superior general. In Vatican City, we will tour the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel and attend Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica. You’ll also see the catacombs with their ancient tombs and burial chambers, the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, St. John Lateran Basilica, the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. You’ll be able to toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain to ensure your future return to The Eternal City! A Papal Audience is possible, subject to the Holy Father’s availability.
Castelli Romani: Our excursion to the Roman Castles will include a winery tour and a cooking class with lunch.
Included with Trip
- Round-trip flights from New Orleans (MSY)
- Panoramic city tours by motorcoach
- Daily breakfast and several lunches and/or dinners (with wine)
- Mass celebrated by Fr. Hough
- Group transports to/from airports
- 24-hour tour director
- Individual headsets for every tour
- Professionally guided city and museum tours
- Free Wi-Fi on GLOBUS motorcoach
- Personal items (telephone, souvenirs, laundry, liquor, soft drinks, etc.)
- Gratuities for tour director and coach driver (about $195)
- Possible collections at private masses
$5,559 double occupancy (land and air) from New Orleans (MSY)
$3,869 land only.
Optional single supplement: $936
Optional travel insurance (strongly recommended): $359 per person
Space is limited to the first 36 passengers.
Contact Rosalie Tomeny to reserve your space:
Register by August 31, 2023, with a $550 deposit ($250 land/$300 air)
Full payment per person due no later than December 20, 2023.
Register online at: https://custom.globusfamily.com/payments
Group ID: 1-1038903717
Group Password: 6b4aaa9e
Tour Code: BIAJ 40305T
- Passports required. Please be sure your passport:
- has at least two blank pages
- is valid for at least another six months beyond March 2024
- Flights for the tour will only be leaving from New Orleans (MSY). Guests are responsible for their own transportation to and from New Orleans.
- If fewer than 36 people register, costs may increase slightly. We will notify you if that happens.
Fully escorted tour by GLOBUS