Jesuits throughout the international Society of Jesus share the pain of the People of God during the recent crisis related to abuse of minors by Catholic clergy, including Jesuits. Very Rev. Ronald A. Mercier, former provincial of the Jesuits USA Central and Southern Province, as well as Father General Arturo Sosa, superior general of the international Society, have issued statements about this issue. You can find links to those statements on this page.
- Father General Arturo Sosa’s statement (August 2018)
- Statement from Father Ronald Mercier, former provincial (August 2018)
- Policies and Procedures Q & A (September 2018)
- Father Mercier’s Statement on the List of Credibly Accused Jesuits (December 2018)
- List of Jesuits with credible accusations (December 2018)